Each year Rotaplast travels to approximately 15 sites around the world to provide children with life changing operations. Our work in these sites depends upon the generosity of our mission sponsors. The cost of sponsoring a full Rotaplast mission ranges from $80,000 to $120,000 depending upon the site. Sponsorship opportunities are available for Rotary Clubs and Districts as well as other service oriented organizations, private foundations and individual donors. Groups may sponsor as little as 1/3 of a mission or as much as the entire mission. Rotaplast is, likewise, always in need of smaller amounts of support and we welcome any size donation from a group or individual.
Rotaplast provides the logistics and handles all of the details regarding travel, visas, and the volunteers, supplies and equipment required. Sponsorship guarantees a certain number of team positions are reserved for each Mission. Missions travel with 8 and 10 non-medical volunteer team members. Positions descriptions are available for easy viewing. Anyone may apply for these positions, however we reserve the right to select final candidates based on team needs. The staff works closely with you and your Rotaplast Mission Director (an assigned trained volunteer) to select the volunteer team.
- Life changing surgery for approximately 100 children per mission.
- Opportunity to be involved in a worthy, hands-on international service project.
Screening, and selection of highly qualified medical professionals.
- Ticketing for team and transportation of boxes of supplies and equipment.
Provision for housing, in-country transportation, and food for the team.
- Transportation for medical volunteers and Mission Director (non medical volunteers pay their own airfare).
- Documentation required by local governments: processing of visas and medical licensing and compilation of lists of contents of boxes of supplies and equipment for customs.
- $45,000 worth of expendable medical supplies per mission including sutures, anesthesia and antibiotics along with $160,000 worth of durable medical supplies.
- A trained and experienced Mission Director (a trained non-medical volunteer).
For Rotarian Sponsors:
Your district or club will be partnered with a Club and District in your host Country. Volunteers can expect to be invited to hosted events and to Rotary meetings. They can also expect long days, hard work and less amenities than they are used to. By week end, the team of over 30 volunteer medical and non-medical team members will have accomplished miracles for over 100 children and their families.
- Site coordination with Rotarian Club/District hosts.
- Facilitation with other Rotary Districts to partner and fundraise for a mission.
- Help with Fundraising and grant writing including Rotary Foundation and other Matching Rotary Grants.
- Appointment of a District Ambassador (in conjunction with approval of District Governor) in your District. Training for the Ambassador.
- Support for speaking engagements at District Assemblies, PETS, and District Conferences.
- Club or District recognition in our newsletters, annual report and Mission related media outreach.
- International goodwill and understanding.
Working in Rotary, Rotaplast acknowledges that there are many service Projects Clubs can choose from. We will help you with accounting for funds received, provide you with literature and make your Project as easy as possible. Rotaplast is a separate non-profit from Rotary in the model of other International Service Projects like RotaDent, Safe Blood Africa or RotaPlant. We all do good working with and providing opportunities for Rotarians, however we are not Rotary International.
We will send you a package of information about working with Rotaplast and materials to help you raise funds in your Club or District, just give us a call.
Rotaplast asks supporting or sponsoring Clubs/Districts to provide:
- Funding for medical missions (sponsorship depends on location and ability of local Site Country Rotarians to cover hosting costs; Districts are urged to support half a mission and allow for pairing with another District so that financial impact will not be significant or interfere with any fundraising for the RI Foundation or Foundation Programs.)
- Appointment of a Rotaplast Ambassador if one is not already appointed
- Support of Rotaplast by the District Governor
- Organizing speaking engagement dates at Clubs.
- Completed applications from members as potential non-medical team members.
If you have questions about which missions are in need of sponsorship please consult our mission schedule. To discuss sponsoring a mission please Contact Us.
If you are a Rotary Club or District and you are interested in giving $500 or more to Rotaplast, but do not wish to sponsor a mission at this time, please consult our Partner in Service program or our Equipment Sponsorship program.