Sunday was a day of rest to allow the mission team to recharge after a week of intense work and travel.
The team which is preparing grant applications for “Más Sonrisas Para Colombia” (“More Smiles for Colombia”) held a press conference. The objective of the project is to establish a permanent, year-round, multidisciplinary cleft care program in Pereira. The following made presentations and answered reporters’ questions:
- Dr. Juan Carlos Restrepo, Director of Hospital Universitario San Jorge,
- PDG Roger Whitcomb, Rotary District 7430 Rotaplast Coordinator,
- Dr. Marie Tolarová, Executive Director, Craniofacial Team and Cleft Prevention Program at University of the Pacific,
- Dr. Lina Rendón, Secretaria de Salud del Departamento de Risaralda,
- Adriana Restrepo Gomez, Directora de Fundación Sonrie, and
- Rafael Arbeláez, President of Club Rotario Perla del Otún.
(Press Conference photos courtesy of Don Heebner)
This Rotaplast mission received TV news coverage as well. Here Dr. Germán Betancur is being interviewed in the Pre-Op waiting room.